Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Battle of the Nappies

Afraid of diaper rash? Of course I am! that's why choosing the right diaper is very important. When I gave birth, among the gifts that my Little One (LO) received are diapers, so I was able to try two different brands and here's my experience.

Huggies - the newborn size seems too small for newborn (or maybe my LO was too big for a newborn LMAO!) What I love about this is the material used for the "magic tape," it is soft so my baby's skin wont get hurt. I also like the minimal prints on the nappy, talking about elegance. I also like how its wetness indicator works perfectly, the light yellow stars really turned blue once your LO needs a nappy change. On the bad side, you have to change nappy right after one wetness because it easily get soaked so I don't use it at night time.

EQ Dry - I am so far happy with this brand because it can lock in wetness long enough so I don't have to worry about getting diaper rash or disturbing my LO's sleep at night. On the negative side, I noticed some inconsistencies in the material used in their nappies. I am currently using medium size by the way (the green one). When I bought the one in 18pcs-pack and 84pcs-pack the color of the nappy is brighter than those on 36pcs-pack. well that's fine, it's purely aesthetic anyway. However, I also noticed that they used different material on the "magic tape." The one in 18 & 84pcs pack is softer than those in 36pcs-pack.
Checkout the difference in color
Difference in Magic Tape material
36pcs-pack & 84pcs-pack packaging
So far my LO uses EQ Dry since it's fulfilling its purpose of locking in wetness. I am just really hoping that they'll use the same materials for all their nappies especially on the magic tape.



No comments:

Post a Comment